Our Vietnam Holidays and Tours
Delivering Fully Hosted, Small Group Holidays to Vietnam, for Women
Duration: 10 days, 9 nights
Visiting two Main Destinations: Hoi An & Ho Chi Minh city
Airport Arrivals & Departures: Fly in & out of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Costs & Prices
Price Guide: $2950 Tour Only. Airfares not included, based on twin share
Surcharge for single room (not twin share): $800 (approx.)
Price Guide for Airfares: $1300 (departing from Auckland; this price guide includes one internal return airfare Ho Chi Minh to Danang)
Total Estimate Costs
Twin Share: $4250
Single Room: $5050
Note: Pricing will be confirmed at time of booking.
Our Vietnam Tour dates
14-23 Sept 2019 – limited availability
Our Vietnam 2020 Tour Dates
11–20 April – limited availability
Vietnam Holiday | Highlights
You arrive at Ho Chi Minh City, international airport; we then take a small walk to the domestic terminal and take a 1 hour internal flight north to Danang. We will be met at Danang airport and then travel by mini-van to our resort in Hoi An. This is a 30 minutes’ drive (approximately).
It’s time to rest, relax and enjoy all that Hoi An offers
Hoi An is a Unesco World Heritage listed town where time seems to have stood still. Our aim is to see and experience the beauty of Hoi An. This includes:
- A half day tour on the back of a motorcycle. That’s right, we are going to travel just like the locals. We see and explore the highlights of Hoi An, as well as the nearby countryside, filled with rice paddies and lotus flowers.
- You’ll satisfy your taste buds with lots of lovely meals in stunning restaurants overlooking the river.
- We have lined up a fabulous tailor where garments can be made especially for you within 48 hours.
- One afternoon we make lanterns at a local workshop and learn to paint Vietnamese style! The shop is really quite amazing; it’s run by a charity and provides work and income opportunities for disabled women.
- You’ll visit a local cooking school and learn how to cook authentic Vietnamese food. It’s fun, and you get to eat everything you make. Getting there is all part of the experience – we take a 25min boat ride to the open air restaurant and cooking school.
- We have a meal at our Guide’s house in Hoi An. They love to host us with mountains of food and find out about our lives, share photos of our families etc.
- Want to take it easy? Simply take a wander through the old town, at your own pace. Stop and enjoy some local markets. There’s always time for spa treatments, more shopping and simply lounging by the pool. It’s your holiday – go at your own pace. Want to sit back and enjoy the beautiful boutique resort that you are staying in, please do. With us, we are not about the rush and hassle. We try to blend a lot of great local activities with time to simply rest, relax and enjoy!
You won’t want to leave here; however, our next destination is the exotic city of Ho Chi Minh, a short flight away. Optional Activities: Include a photography lesson for anyone with an interest in learning more about their camera or phone, (no fancy camera required), a visit to a local charity for disadvantaged children to donate food and small gifts, and further excursions to local sites if that’s your thing.
Our second destination is Ho Chi Minh City (3 nights)
Previously known as Saigon, this city is an incredible mix of old and new, millions of motorcycles and fascinating people. Activities include:
- An amazing half day tour to the world famous Cu Chi Tunnels along the Saigon River. You will see how the Viet Cong outwitted their enemies and survived on limited resources during the Vietnamese War. Just getting there is an experience. We go by luxury speedboat up the Saigon River (approx. 1 hour each way). Today is not all just about the history; the food here is divine. We take time out to enjoy a beautiful Vietnamese lunch, and watch life go by on a busy working river.
- You get to see many of the highlights of Saigon on your half day motorcycle tour. Time to hold onto your hats ladies, we are off again. We navigate the streets of Saigon and to show you all that Saigon has to offer. When it’s time for a rest, we stop at a local café for another great experience of lunch and coffee. Or whatever you fancy!
- We’ll visit the night markets, and experience more beautiful restaurants and coffee shops. There’s time for shopping in upmarket plazas as well as the day markets, full to the brim with clothing of every description.
- We have lunch at a training restaurant in Saigon which seeks out street kids and trains them in hospitality, cooking etc, to give them a chance in life.
- Want to experience a local Tai Chi class? That’s easy. Simply wander down to the nearby park and exercise with the locals.
- Last day of the tour – ends after breakfast, with transfers to the airport.
Optional Activities: Include a visit to the War Remnants Museum and the Reunification Palace. We may also visit and donate supplies to The Shelter, a warm and caring home for young disadvantaged mums and babies, now that’s food for your soul!
- Your host, Deborah or Dy, for the duration of the tour; plus qualified English speaking, local guides for some of the local activities
- Airport transfers within Vietnam by private vehicle
- Transport to and from pre-booked activities
- Activities mentioned in your itinerary, excluding optional tours
- Accommodation at 4 or 5 star hotels or resorts; including breakfast
- Twin share or single room accommodation (standard pricing is twin share)
- Meals and snacks (except breakfast)
- Personal expenses charged to hotel rooms
- Visas for Vietnam (compulsory)
- Travel insurance (compulsory)
- Plus one internal return flight between Ho Chi Minh City and Danang, which will be part of the airfares / flights required to be purchased as part of this tour.
Booking Your Flights
- Flights to Vietnam are to be booked and arranged by yourself. We can happily provide a referral to a knowledgeable travel broker.
- We will provide all the key flight & date requirements for you to take to your selected travel agent. This allows each person to tailor their flight requirements, as many like to arrive or stay on later, after the actual 10 day Vietnam holiday.
- Flight requirement details will be provided to you, including information regarding arrival date, 1 internal return flight (Ho Chi Minh to Danang), and departure/end of tour date.